Sisterhood Of The World (Blog Award)
I’ve been tending to pass over blogging awards recently, though I’m always pleased to be nominated, but I wanted to post and had little enough to say, so I decided to answer these ones. I was nominated by Avon from Avon’s Babbles for an award called the ‘Sisterhood Of The World Bloggers Award’ which is an … interesting name. So, without further ado, I’ll get on with it.
- Acknowledge the person who passed the award to you and provide their link.
- Include the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions posted below.
- Make up your own ten questions for the next people.
- Nominate blogs and link those you have especially enjoyed reading. The number you can select is up to you.
- Notify each individual that you have nominated them
What do you think of walruses?
I think they are very amusing creatures. I can’t think of them without remembering a book I read as a kid — Little Polar Bear Finds A Friend.
Do you ship anyone in Lord of The Rings/The Hobbit?
Not particularly. More in the films than in the books, but that’s partly due to the acting. When I read the books I think I shipped Eowyn and Aragorn, but it was so many years ago that I wouldn’t have thought of it as shipping. But she was so much more badass than Arwen.
I’m forgetful. Do you forget things?
Yes. All the time.
Does Tumblr scare you?
Ehehe! Well, not enough to make me stay away. But sometimes I’m on there and I’m just scrolling down my dash and I see things which make me seriously wonder about the sanity of the people I follow. Particularly in the Good Omens fandom, I find–they’re very strange over there, an odd things happen.
Prompt. Penguins. Penguins not in a unhappy movie. Write.(what, that’s not a question? Oh.)
… I don’t even know what you mean by this. But, penguins are adorable. I used to have some pictures of them in my room, though I took them down a couple of years ago when I was going through a rebellious stage and decided I couldn’t possibly have such cute things on my walls.
Do you consider Peter Pan, Lucy Pevensie, or Stuart Little a better children’s book hero?
Lucy Pevensie because she is brave, independent, and willing to stand up for what she believes, even though the others tell her it isn’t worth it. She is very caring but at the same time, is unafraid and can fight just as well as the rest of them. Peter Pan’s inability to accept the idea of growing up is actually quite a bad role model, as we are not able to stay young forever. And Stuart Little is a mouse.
What is your least favorite color?
Probably pink. You know, that really bright pink that most stores seem to enjoy making small girls’ clothes out of. It was a great trial to me when I was that age and couldn’t find anything I wanted to wear.
Why is your blog’s name, your blog’s name?
My name is Miriam Joy and I write.
Do you think King Arthur should hurry up and become the future king?
In the words of CS Lewis, “I say the sooner the better”! (Yes, CS Lewis really did say this about King Arthur, in one of his books, most likely one of the Narnia books, though I forget.)
What is your favorite fruit?
Well, I’m allergic to a lot of fruits and seem to develop a new intolerance every weeks (apples, pineapple, grapes… still counting), but I do really like strawberries. I only hope I don’t end up intolerant to them as well.
So, those are my answers. Nice and varied, from characters to fruit. Wahey.
I am going to nominate Charley, because she is my co-writer and I love her, and I feel like making her answer questions. And I am going to nominate nevillegirl because … just because. And I am going to nominate Pherisphena Ladea because I got her into Merlin and she hates me for it and this amuses me, and also because she hasn’t been blogging recently so it might encourage her to do so again.
Here are questions!
- If you could relive the experience of reading one book for the first time, which book would it be?
- What’s on your to-read list?
- How did you discover the internet? (By which I mean as more than just an information source–as a place to ‘be’.)
- What colour is your quilt/duvet cover?
- You have the choice between shaving your head or having your eyebrows waxed off. Which are you going to go for?
- Someone has asked you to make a choice and you’ve been dreading that question for months. What is it?
- Write three sentences prompted by any objects you can see to your left. Bonus points if it’s funny.
- Story time! I know all three of you use Tumblr, as I’ve seen you there myself. Tell us about anything you’ve found in a tag that has surprised you, whether in a bad way or a good way or a ‘what the hell was that’ way. But let’s stay away from graphic descriptions; we all know that Tumblr can be a little NSFW sometimes.
- What is the best present you have received in the last six months? Who was it from?
- Give us one sentence that sums up your current state of mind. It can be a quote, a motto, or you can make something up. It doesn’t have to be in English if it’s a quote, but translations recommended
Have fun answering those. I had a lot of fun coming up with them, and I almost wish I was answering them now…